Posted · Report post

Ingredients

1 9 lb pork butt

"Butt Rub" for pork

2 cups of Apple Juice

Salt

Your favorite BBQ Sauce

Buns

Apply the Butt Rub on the pork butt. Generously salt the fat on the butt and place the butt fat side down into a pan with 2 cups of apple juice. Set oven for 180 degrees and let it begin to slow cook at 11:30pm the night before.

At 10:00 am the next morning remove the butt and place it on a smoker fat side up until about 5:30pm. The meat should be able to easily separate and you will never want to eat pork any other way again! Slap it on the bun and add some BBQ sauce.

Cole slaw is for sissies so I am not going to bring it up.

Posted · Report post

Michelle made some homemade pulled pork a few weeks ago and I would have to say it was the best I've ever had. YUM !!! Made her own sauce as well.

Posted · Report post

That is the best way to cook a pig that I've ever found. It takes time, but well worth the effort.

Posted · Report post

not reelie gettin what ure sayin. you eat those mangy animulls? bear, squirl, birds. Dem good eetin. pigs? defnitly not. they waller in thare own mess. speshly the butt end!

Posted · Report post

All this talk about food has prompted me to take a trip to UDF for a hot fudge sundae. I got extra fudge sauce this time. MMMMM MMMM!