September GJS- "The Final Strike at the Lanes"

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I can't believe that we are at the end of the summer already and its time to wrap up the Summer Tour at the G-Lanes! We have more bands than we can accomodate this month so I will need to hear from the "Sweat Equity" bands first to see if they are playing and then I will post open spots. What I know for sure is that we will start at 7 with the Jr Rockers and they will have until 8:45 PM.

Northland Noise is in charge of this portion of our show and will delegate the time accordingly.

Here is what I know for a fact: ( all sets are 45 mins play/15 setup)

7-8:45: Jr Rockers

9-9:45: Creeper( Need to hear from ya)

10-10:45: Gils ( Need to hear from ya)

11-11:45: Soup Kitchen

On deck:

Destroyer

Walking Wounded

Tainted Wave

Stay tuned for more details as we get closer- Get out and support local music in the meantime!

Posted · Report post

I am working on a Destroyer reunion so keep your fingers crossed. If anyone knows SCOTT RYAN, tell him he needs to do this.

Posted · Report post

Destroyer? That would be amazing!

Posted · Report post

Creeper's out again..... sounds like you have plenty of acts willing to play.

Posted · Report post

Bobby T is back and could do a 1/2 hour or so if possible...

Posted · Report post

Update:

7-8:45: Jr Rockers

9-9:45: Waiting 100% confirmation( either Destroyer or Walking Wounded)

10-10:45: Gils ( Need to hear from ya)

11-11:45: Soup Kitchen

Posted · Report post

Destroyer is out for this one but we all have agreed to rock out at an upcoming show. It's a bit hard to get things together when you haven't played together since 1986 but we'll be ready.

Posted · Report post

Destroyer is out for this one but we all have agreed to rock out at an upcoming show. It's a bit hard to get things together when you haven't played together since 1986 but we'll be ready.

dude, your an old one aint ya wink.gif

Posted · Report post

dude, your an old one aint ya wink.gif

what gave it away? LOL rolleyes.gif

Posted · Report post

what gave it away? LOL rolleyes.gif

Was Scott Ryan on the bass with Destroyer?

Posted · Report post

Was Scott Ryan on the bass with Destroyer?

yes.

Posted · Report post

Here it is folks, the line-up for the Final Jam! Please make it up to support the local music and the Ghills Lanes.. Thanks!

post-34-1284033049.jpg

Posted · Report post

I'm really looking forward to hearing the reviews of RacerX's rendition of Tangerine by Led Zeppelin. I know you've been spending quite a bit of time on this and hope that it is as successful as you hope it be.

Good Luck!

Posted · Report post

Nice line up !!!

Posted · Report post

Uh Oh......I've been working on Tangerine by Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass. huh.gif Hopefully I can fix this mess Blighty!

Posted · Report post

Love Herb Alpert. Maybe we can do a metal version of Lonely Bull.

Posted · Report post

Wolfie,

can you return my Herb Alpert vinyl please

did you know?

Herb is the A in A&M records

Posted · Report post

that is good stuff!

lollipops and roses

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Tonight!

Posted · Report post

A lot of fun at the Final Jam.. I am sorry I missed the first 3 acts but I was told they all sounded great. I know that I have posted this many times over the years however I can't say it enough: Many thanks to those of you who have made this event possible especially Matt and Jeff. Month after month you guys came through!! Thanks to DHue for handling the sound booth this past jam..

Posted · Report post

Now hear this...

A couple of observations from this past Jam...

1. Northland Noise has talent - they play some originals, too, which is always nice. Talked to one of their dad's, and he said they're in a Battle of the Bands competition, so I told him to post the when and where on here. Maybe we can show some Jdale love and help them win ! These guys are all high-schoolers, so it's really cool to see the next generation kicking out the jams.

2. Dancing in the Storm laid down an excellent set - their lead singer has an awesome voice, and their lead guitar player was nails. Too bad for them that a speaker cord failed, or they would have sounded even better. And thank God that Qui showed up to show me how to even out the board !

3. Walking Wounded - man, what an old-school hard rock set that was ! Very Nice !

But, who was that drummer? Someone said Mitch Mitchell, but I don't know if that was really him or not. While Glen and Pete were displaying their rock and roll fantasies, Danny turned all Ozzie on us. There may have even been a bat involved. All I know is that the joint was jumpin'. Especially Phro and Uncle.

4. Gil's gave us what we expected - old school groove and a little R&B. Wolfgang and Bruce showed us their new guitar tricks, even without their fearless leader Dazed, who was off shooting the curl with his speed square. For a finale, Willie got the crowd up with a withering rendition of Mustang Sally. Great job, guys.

5. Soup Kitchen brought down the house with some cool tunes you don't hear covered too often, including some Pretenders, which was off the hook. Daphne's voice is enhanced by the nice work by Qui on the bass, and Supa on the Les Paul.

6. All in all, a great night, good to see old friends and listen to some great music.

7. Mama hates me.

That is all.

Carry on.