we're on at the legion again in January. saturday the 22nd to be specific,

3 new acts will be added into the mix.

7:00-7:45 Tyler Abbott

7:45-8:30

8:30-9:30 Mid-life Crises

9:30-10:30

10:30-11:30 Sonic Rift

11:30-12:30

Let's sign 'em up while the slots are available!!!

Posted · Report post

Bandkamp will take the 9:30 slot, Mr. Dazed, sir.

Posted · Report post

Where is Randumb noise from? I Youtubed them and they have a nice sound.

Posted · Report post

7:00-7:45 Tito Abbott

7:45-8:30 Funk Mime

8:30-9:30 Mid-life Crises

9:30-10:30 BandKamp

10:30-11:30 Sonic Rift

11:30-12:30 Randumb Noize

I expect a large crowd as these new bands will be bringing some new faces to the 'hills.

Free admission, cheap beer, great food, 6 bands. Does it get any better than that?

also a great opportunity for the locals to be ambassadors of our community.

Posted · Report post

Looks like a good weekend to stay local.....a bunch of new bands are being featured this month....come on out and support the local music scene and have some fun!

Posted · Report post

a new record for attendance!!!! I saw people lined up 8 deep to get food at the kitchen. The new bands brought a lot of people with them and they all had a great time. Heard a lot of material that we haven't heard at these events. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, even the Ramones. Funk Mime was our first all instrumental group, and they sure didn't disappoint. Tito Abbott was up first, he really just showed up to see what we were doing and to throw his name out there in attempts to get on as a bass player with somebody. he cut his time short to keep us on track as we worked to solve some sound problems. Mid-life crisis had a lady who sang, played keyboards and sax. They will be fun to watch evolve over the next few months. BandKamp delivered with a new setlist. They represented the local bands quite well. The last two bands, Sonic Rift and Randumb Noize featured female lead vocalists and heavy distortion guitars. They closed out the night with 2 hours of solid rock-n-roll. It was a great night.

We have a few scheduling conflicts for February, so we won't be doing this again until march 12th, which will be our St. Patrick's party.

here's a pic of Randumb noize

post-34-1295872410.jpg

Posted · Report post

a new record for attendance!!!!

dang, sorry I missed all that.....we had to bowl that night, with a late start on top of it

Posted · Report post

I can attest to the huge crowd! I was on call with the FD that night but stopped in to see how the event was going. At 11pm or so the American Legion lot looked pretty full and the scene inside was no different. Lots of peeps taking up almost all of the tables enjoying some great new (to GOM) bands.

Nice job Jeff and the GOM crew!

Posted · Report post

I think we've found the new Don Kirshner.

Helluva job, Dazed - all of the acts were kickin' A and takin' names. The joint was packed and jumpin' all night, and if I'm not mistaken, the bar has been raised.

Posted · Report post

Great News on the GJS! New blood, new money to support local business, and a place for locals to gather.. Good job gang!