Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shame Upon Schools

351 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Warrior, pretty every one I have talked to about this has asked me the same question, and I have no idea what the answer is (as I said before I'm extremely clueless about high school athletics).  The question was, why isn't WW in a league with the schools that are nearby?  ie Princeton, Northwest, Fairfield, Finneytown, etc.

SOS:

As I stated before, we have applied elsewhere. The GMC already has 10 teams and are Div 1, they have turned us down. The Dayton southern conference of the GWOC League has an even number (18) of teams, they have turned us down. The other 8 former FAVC teams were not applied as they are small schools and it does no good to play them as it does for them to play us. Going Independent means you're on the road pretty much all of the time. Gate receipts pays the freight. Playing City League teams is a farce, with the exception of basketball, AND they have no Middle School or JV programs.

Northwest is among the 8 smaller teams from the FAVC that went one way. Finneytown is also in the CHL, a small school league. It is not in either teams benefit to play one another, let alone be in the same league...for major sports. Princeton and Fairfield are in the GMC that turned us down. The GMC also has Sycamore, Mason, both Lakotas Middletown, Hamilton, Colerain and Oak Hills.

Posted · Report post

nobody at birth is a second class citizen.  people lose the respect of the community by their behavior and actions.

however, it is infitely more difficult to prove your worth as an African American than as a Caucasian.

Why do you think this is so?

Posted · Report post

Saveourschools!, not everyone.

You are correct, I did not word that very well. I apologize.

Warrior, thank you for clearing that up for me. Like I said, I am so clueless about this stuff.

Posted · Report post

I'm getting calls now about this at work. Opinions vary.

What I'm concerned with now is that this "thing" may

take on a life of it's own. Whatever the reasons for leaving WW

out, If "Al Sharpton" shows up, and people get stirred into a frenzy,

it won't be good. "The Race card" can take ANY topic and turn

it into chaos even if the card is played honestly. PEACE!

Posted · Report post

Peace means that WW just shut up and go away and how does that help our schools and our students? Wrong behavior needs to have a light shined on it, not covered up in the name of peace. That's not right and that's not the American Way.

Posted · Report post

Really?

Foolishness.

Peace just means Love....

Fight the good fight....But not like a Pr_ck.

Posted · Report post

And name-calling is love? Peace without JUSTICE is not peace at all.

Posted · Report post

Is it a sportsmanship issue? WW has earned a rep for running up the score and we all know about the penalties.

Here, I had to look this up as a comparison between Winton Woods "running up the score" and Anderson (NOT running up the score)

WINTON WOODS FOOTBALL

Fri. 1 Harrison W 44 - 33

Fri. 8 Loveland W 47 - 13

Fri. 15 at Milford W 55 - 14

Thu. 21 Anderson W 27 - 20

Fri. 29 at Glen EsteW 21 - 20

ANDERSON FOOTBALL

Fri. 1 Loveland W 43 - 17

Fri. 8 at Milford W 39 - 15

Fri. 15 Glen Este W 24 - 7

Thu. 21 at Winton Woods L 27 - 20

Fri. 29 Harrison W 28 - 14

Posted · Report post

And name-calling is love? Peace without JUSTICE is not peace at all.

A perfect example of things getting out of hand.

Did not call you a name. Just spoke of even people with the best of intentions

can go about trying to obtain "justice" with harsh words is not a good idea.

Extra PEACE to you!

Next. ph34r.gif

Posted · Report post

I'm getting calls now about this at work. Opinions vary.

What I'm concerned with now is that this "thing" may

take on a life of it's own. Whatever the reasons for leaving WW

out, If "Al Sharpton" shows up, and people get stirred into a frenzy,

it won't be good. "The Race card" can take ANY topic and turn

it into chaos even if the card is played honestly. PEACE!

You know Hair. What's kind of interesting....

Pretty much everyone that spoken up on the Winton Woods side of things is not African American.

Posted · Report post

Yep..That IS interesting.

Thoughts on that?

Posted · Report post

Can not believe you played the RACE CARD. I would hope in this day and age that decisions such as this are color blind. How about looking deeper into this and not take the easy way out. Sure we have a predomiently minority population at our school, but that alone is not reason enough to exclude us from a league.

Posted · Report post

If it is true, it is not "playing the race card". It is telling the truth.

Posted · Report post

Can not believe you played the RACE CARD. I would hope in this day and age that decisions such as this are color blind. How about looking deeper into this and not take the easy way out. Sure we have a predomiently minority population at our school, but that alone is not reason enough to exclude us from a league.

I think that Winton Woods officials hoped for the same. They kept quiet, followed procedures and only when the duck quacked did they release the statement. You are right, however, we would hope in the day and age that this nation be colorblind, but it isn't, and we aren't. It feels very much like the clock is being turned back 50-60 years and it doesn't feel right. It appears that the 'race card' was played long before Dr. Holden released her letter.

Posted · Report post

Eastern Cincinnati Conference (ECC) Data

School (Year Entered FAVC) H.S. Enrollment % of Whites % of Blacks % of Econ. Disadv. % of Stud. With Dis. H.S. Rating 0-120 Perf. Index State Indicators Met

Glen Este (1998) 1,499 95.0 1.4 17.9 13.3 Excellent 102.5 12 of 12

Milford (2006) 1,856 95.0 1.9 15.2 15.1 Excellent 105.5 12 of 12

Turpin (1998) 1,181 94.7 0.9 7.2 11.0 Excellent 109.4 12 of 12

Loveland (1997) 1,403 93.9 1.5 9.6 9.2 Excellent 106.5 12 of 12

Anderson (1998) 1,302 92.5 2.4 10.5 10.9 Excellent 109.3 12 of 12

Kings (1964) 1,139 92.1 1.7 10.7 12.0 Excellent 106.5 12 of 12

Walnut Hills (2003) 2,200 56.1 34.4 20.0 2.1 Excellent 110.7 12 of 12

Asked to join as the 8th ECC team. Both schools declined.

Harrison (1998) 1,221 97.8 0.0 21.8 14.6 Excellent 100 12 of 12

Sycamore (NA) 1,805 76.5 7.7 13.0 10.4 Excellent 109.2 12 of 12

Rumored to have been asked to join as the 8th ECC team:

Lebanon (NA) 1,625 94.6 1.8 17.1 11.2 Excellent 105 12 of 12

Springboro (NA) 1,519 93.4 1.9 5.4 11.5 Excellent 109.2 12 of 12

Asked informally & secretly to join new league on November 17 @ FAVC meeting. Offer rescinded on December 7. Formal application to join ECC as 8th team dismissed in one day.

Winton Woods (1998) 1,113 14.9 70.5 40.3 18.8 Cont. Imp 93.1 10 of 12

All data taken from the 2009-2010 State of Ohio Local Report Card for each school.

Do you think maybe it's the school rating..less than excellent?

Posted · Report post

Remember, we are talking about a sports league and as Warrior stated, never has a sports league used the state report card in creating a sports league. By the way, Winton Woods has an Academic Quiz Team and they did pretty well this year. Excluded for academics? Nope. What else?

Posted · Report post

Do you think maybe it's the school rating..less than excellent?

Absolutely not because according to WWCSD adminstration we are "excellent". In addition, according to EQ he gets treated with respect at the school dances. It's definitely "race" there are no other possibilities, nothing else should be considered. blink.gif

Posted · Report post

Absolutely not because according to WWCSD adminstration we are "excellent". In addition, according to EQ he gets treated with respect at the school dances. It's definitely "race" there are no other possibilities, nothing else should be considered. blink.gif

i know a book you should read! biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

If you took the time to read the article and the letter, every opportunity was given to the ECC schools to explain their decision-making. Every argument has been put forward here and responded to by Warrior. It all comes back to race. Sorry, my dear, but it's quite obvious.

Posted · Report post

Maybe I'm the idiot here, but it sure is not obvious to me. So, if you would, please give me the facts that you have proving that this is a racial incident, and not something else.

Posted · Report post

So there you have it.  Glen Este, Milford, Turpin, Loveland, Anderson, Kings and Walnut Hills are all racist.   Harrison and Sycamore are not racist because they declined.  We will soon see if Lebanon, or Springboro, are racist (their decision is pending).  As for whoever asked WW to join on November 17, they were not racist until the offer was rescinded on December 7th, which then of course made them racist.

One would think that based on the "race card" Walnut Hills would not have received an offer.  Perhaps there are other factors involved?

Hey, I say go for it, if you really beleive it to be true. Proceed with legal action because the evidence is overwhelming, no need to dig deeper. In addition to those districts mentioned above who are confirmed racists, minus those we excluded of course, you can include:

Ross, Talawanda, Edgewood, Mount Healthy, Northwest, Harrison, Little Miami and Wilmington because they formed the SOC. In addition, you can include the entire GMC, which includes; Princeton, Fairfield, Sycamore, Mason, both Lakotas, Middletown, Hamilton, Colerain and Oak Hills because they too are obviously racists. And let's not forget the Dayton conference because of course...well need I even say it.

I always felt that the only way the district would wake up is if it hit rock bottom. Well we are heading towards rock bottom and you still haven't woken up. No ownership, accountability, responsibility, fault, liability, onus, answerability or culpability. Nothing, but "it's someone else's fault". Truly amazing...

Posted · Report post

Hey I say you guys go for it. Proceed with legal action because the evidence is overwhelming, no need to dig deeper. In addition to those districts mentioned above who are confirmed racists, minus those we excluded of course, you can include:

Ross, Talawanda, Edgewood, Mount Healthy, Northwest, Harrison, Little Miami and Wilmington because they formed the SOC. In addition, you can include the entire GMC, which includes; Princeton, Fairfield, Sycamore, Mason, both Lakotas, Middletown, Hamilton, Colerain and Oak Hills because they too are obviously racists. And let's not forget the Dayton conference because of course...well need I even say it.

I always felt that the only way the district would wake up is if it hit rock bottom. Well we are heading towards rock bottom and you still haven't woken up. No ownership, accountability, responsibility, fault, liability, onus, answerability or culpability. Nothing, but "it's someone else's fault". Truly amazing...

You haven't really read anything that Warrior posted here, have you? That's fine. We understand.

Posted · Report post

You haven't really read anything that Warrior posted here, have you? That's fine. We understand.

Actually, I don't think you guys do understand what you have set in motion. It's a pathetic attempt to not take responsibility. I'm embarrassed for the district, and this village to even be associated with the WWCSD.

Posted · Report post

If you took the time to read the article and the letter, every opportunity was given to the ECC schools to explain their decision-making. Every argument has been put forward here and responded to by Warrior. It all comes back to race. Sorry, my dear, but it's quite obvious.

The only thing that is clear is 15 schools dont want WW plus the phone isnt ringing from other leagues wanting them to join! why maybe the AD is a jerk maybe they dont follow the rules or they cant get officials to work the games. Who knows but I think bringing up race is going to hurt this school in more ways than just sports.

Posted · Report post

Maybe I'm the idiot here, but it sure is not obvious to me. So, if you would, give me the facts that you have proving that this is a racial incident, and not something else.

I guess the question is, and you are not an idiot, is what conclusion have YOU reached based on the information presented in the article, letter, and explanations by WWWarrior? ECC isn't talking so we have nothing from them except denials. The entire leadership of WWCS agrees with Dr. Holden's version of events. Where have they gone wrong? What evidence did they not analyze?