2011 Reds

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

They came out of the chute gangbusters, winning 5 in a row, but have since fallen on hard times, losing six of the last 10.

My question is this - which team will we see for the rest of the year - the rock solid defensive wizards hitting the bejeezus out of the ball that we saw early on, or the bumbling fools of the last week ?

In their defense, the Mike Leake deal didn't help matters at all. Kinda hard to concentrate on hardball when you've got a millionaire klepto on the bench and all over the news.

Posted · Report post

If you believe this story, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. I actually do not care about this news story anyway. What is killing the Reds so far this year was supposed to be a strength. The pitching has been suspect at best. When the starters do well, the relievers have not and vice versa over the last week or so. Nick Massett is responsible for at least 3 losses so far. Lecure, Volquez, Arroyo, and Wood have a hand in 4 losses as well. The defense has been consitently stellar. The hitting has been strong for the most part. The additions of Bailey and Cueto can only help matters with respect to the staff.

P.S. Brian Price needs to sit down with the starters and make sure they are doing things correctly. Last but not least, it's April so there is no need to panic.

Posted · Report post

My Kansas City Royals are 12-10. Your sloppy Joe Reds are 11-11. Ha! laugh.gif

GO ROYALS!!!

Posted · Report post

Royals? I thought you were talking about the Sunshine Band. Shake shake shake...shake shake....shake your booty!

Posted · Report post

My Kansas City Royals are 12-10. Your sloppy Joe Reds are 11-11. Ha!  laugh.gif

GO ROYALS!!!

Hmmm, now the Reds are 13-12, while the Kacee and da Shoeshine Band Roils are 12-12.

What sez you 'bout dat, Bloat Disorder ?

Posted · Report post

I think the Reds are going to pull out in front in the next 4 weeks. They have the drive that most of the past teams lacked.

Posted · Report post

PHill this rain must be killing your business. It is hard to roof in the rain.

Posted · Report post

Nah. Not really Mr. Magoo.

He's used to it. It's constantly raining men for Panther.

Posted · Report post

The rain is really causing problems. I don't want to sit at home either. Mrs. Panther is still ticked off at my behavior at the February Roofing Expo in Vegas.

Posted · Report post

A 7-run sixth inning saved the day for our Redlegs in their game against the Cubbies yesterday. Zambo was mowing them down, Reds only had one hit with one out in the 6th, when Stubby smoked a screamer off the 3rd baesman's glove, and the rout was on.

And the bullpen (sans Aroldis) was nails.

Posted · Report post

I've always loved the Reds! GO REDS!! They made St. Louis go home with their tail between their legs. I hate St. Louis. I hate any baseball team named after a bird you can take down with a BB gun.

Posted · Report post

Reds go 5 - 2 on a West Coast trip. Hey Blighty, put that in your pipe and smoke it.