Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

July music at the lanes

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Creeper is out for this month but I'd be willing to put this together for July. The 21st would be the best bet for me. Do the bands have any steam left after playing at the festival or should we push it back to August?

Posted · Report post

When and if it is a go for july you may want to try to get Power Piggz they played sat. eve at the festival, these kids ROCK !

Check the link for them on pioneer days thread .

Posted · Report post

Saturday the 21st is good with Dave at the bowling alley. Who's in? Claim your time slot. I could do some acoustic if I have to.

Posted · Report post

gil's will put something together for an hour if needed

Posted · Report post

Seems to be some confusion between lane and legion ?

Both Greenhills great's so it doesn't matter

What & Where?

Posted · Report post

RacerX has tasked me with putting out the word about next Saturday's Open Mike Night, and so I shall.

Looks like there's four acts willing to play, so that should leave some room for some Open Mike/Open Jam spots. This should make Nuttly happy, as he can be one gnarly old wood-butcherin' crooner from time to time, but loves to bust my chops about the whole format thing.

If anyone else wants a spot, post 'em up or send me an PM.

The lineup will be posted as soon as we can nail it down, but let me give you a heads up on one of 'em. Mr. Creeper is going to soothe us with some original acoustic stuff he's been working on. And if that doesn't perk your interest, you're probably not very much fun anyway.

So put it on your calender - next Satuday, the 21st, at the Lanes, be there or be square, with bells on.

Posted · Report post

Sounds good.

Though I have been on a sober thingy for a while so I know I'll never remember words or get a guitarist to play with dry.gif

No reason not to come up and enjoy ole friends and good music

Posted · Report post

Great scene from a good movie:

"I'm, uh, Hancock and I, uh, drink and stuff."

"'Well alright. Thanks for sharing, Hancock."

It's not quite up there with the Brothers Anonymous meeting from Fred Claus with Frank Stallone, Stephen Baldwin & Roger Clinton, but still pretty good.

Well played, Nutt.

Posted · Report post

If anyone has a time preference let me know now. It looks like Gil's is doing an hour, BandKamp doing an hour, I'll do a short acoustic set, Maybe PKM and some open jam time.

Posted · Report post

10-11 for us would be great

Posted · Report post

We'll take the 9-10 spot.

Posted · Report post

Perfect, I'll do an acoustic warm up and maybe have open jam after that. I hope we can draw enough people to make it worth while.

Posted · Report post

I hope we can draw enough people to make it worth while.

Greenhillians + music + beer -> usually that's all you need for a good party. smile.gif

Posted · Report post

And at least a couple birthdays.

Posted · Report post

small turnout, but still a fun night......thanks to everyone who was there

Posted · Report post

small turnout, but still a fun night......thanks to everyone who was there

It was competing with Schuetzenfest for attendance. But still fun. Right Squid? wink.gif

Posted · Report post

It was competing with Schuetzenfest for attendance. But still fun. Right Squid? wink.gif

You got that right, Sister Sledge - those was some bad wambajamba's dancin' in the aisles there. I personally had a blast - the fact that more people didn't show was ok by me - that just makes the setting a little more intimate. Plus, it's cool to be able to hear every comment from the crowd.

Gil's threw down what was, in my humble opinion, the gnarliest set of their career, and Dangerous Jim was all over it throughout.

MK2 was cool, a lot of fun - thanks to my boys MS and KA for sitting in with me. I wanted to do a whole new set, ( no BandKamp tunes ) but the fellers nixed it, stating, quite correctly, that we didn't have any practice. But I did manage to throw a couple of newbies in there Saturday night, much to MS and KA's chagrin, and like the troopers they are, they hung with and covered up most of my gaffes.

Creeper Lite was really neat - Matt hit us with a few originals, and some ballsy covers, as well. Nice work, and a helluva job setting the thing up.

For all of you that failed to make the scene, well, your loss...

Cinci was doing body shots up on the bar

Nuttly in a fistfight out by the car

Everybody who showed up there was a sta-arrrr

We went out last night....

Posted · Report post

Thanks a ton to all who made it. Small crowd but a grear group of friends and totally worth while from my point of view. D Hue really took charge of the stage and Gil's sounded tight. Thanks Uncle for the support and for promoting the night. Thanks Cincygrrl and Phro for coming out!

Posted · Report post

and some ballsy covers, as well.

Like your version of T Rex? wink.gif

Hey Nutt! What gives? I had RacerX ad Wolfgang all ready to back you up for an open jam and you leave early?!?!? dry.gif

Posted · Report post

I was done but I did have a good time. I guess I was in a fight according to Hue? huh.gif

I just hope I didn't ruin my perfect record of 183 and o. wink.gif

Posted · Report post

183 and oh my god that Guys big......

Posted · Report post

He's a BAAAD MAN!