Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crank It Up for Hank and St Patrick's Party

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gil's Variety Store will be playing along with Bandkamp, Northland Noize and Curt Moore and "Out on Bond"at the American Legion March 16th. It's a benefit for Hank Renner and to celebrate St. Patty's Day.

Please join us for a good time and a real good cause.

The benefit is for Hank Renner, the son of Kirby Steinhauer Renner.

Posted · Report post

This thing is going to be huge! I can tell already from the Facebook feedback that this is going to be well attended.

user posted image

Posted · Report post

Also...there will be a raffle going on for baskets...really cool stuff...so please bring along a little extra CASH...everything from wine baskets, UC tickets...big items...YMCA Family Pass and Rafting Adventure...Pass the Word!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Crank It Up for Hank!

post-34-1362698124.jpg

Posted · Report post

Crank It Up for Hank!

post-34-1362698507.jpg

Posted · Report post

Facebook link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/49167104756...?ref=ts&fref=ts

Starts at 6:30

This is from the Caring Bridge Journal for Hank:

When Hank was around nine months old he began getting fevers and rashes on his skin. His doctor couldn't explain them or offer a way to get rid of them. Then he starting having diahrea, the fevers got higher and started to last longer to the point where Hank wouldn't eat or drink to the point of dehydration. He would be in the hospital for about a week, receiving a long list of tests, and he would be sent home without any real answers. He was hospitalized again with an abscess in a lymph node on his neck that had to be surgically drained and again when the fevers returned paired with Hank's refusal to walk and put any weight on his legs. They ran even more tests and still came up with no answers. He stayed healthy and out of the hospital for months until June 2012 when we were back at Children's with fevers, refusal to eat or drink and headaches. Then we finally got some answers when doctors from the hematology/oncology unit took an interest in his case. They did extensive blood tests to find out that Hank is suffering from from an immune disorder called Chronic Granulomatous Disease. This means that his white blood cells are unable to properly seek out and destroy bacterial and fungal infections in his body. This means that when he gets sick his symptoms can get serious very quickly because his immune system is compromised. The doctors put him on two strong antibiotics to protect him until he can take the next step in his treatment. The only cure for this disease is a successful bone marrow transplant.

Hank received a bone marrow transplant 9/25/2012 and has been hospitalized since 9/13/2012 recovering at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

Posted · Report post

If anyone wants to contribute any items for a basket raffle or door prize, please contact me or Beth Gentry.

I really hope to see everyone there. This is a family friendly event and is going to be a great time!

Posted · Report post

we will have some t-shirts available on a first come basis for $10/ea. Of course, the members of Junedale.com will get the first shot at them.

Sizes M, L, XL, 2XL

post-34-1362737261.jpg

Posted · Report post

Also, if anyone can help out with selling split the pot/raffle/silent auction etc... See Beth Gentry or message me the info.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

I definetly want a tshirt!!!

Posted · Report post

Save me one of them babies in "L", if you please.

How many of you Junedalers are planning to show up for the festivities Saturday night ?

Let's have a show of hands...

post-34-1363032698.jpg

Posted · Report post

Save me one of them babies in "L", if you please.

How many of you Junedalers are planning to show up for the festivities Saturday night ?

Let's have a show of hands...

I saw 125 people signed up to attend on Facebook. Generally, the actual attendance will be twice that.

Posted · Report post

See you there!

-Tod

Posted · Report post

Well, now that Tod-o-matic is going, it's officially a PARTY !

Dazey, I just wanted to see how many Jdalers were going, and maybe create a little buzz on here, if ya know what I'm saying.

Posted · Report post

I will be there with my wife and expect both of my sons to be there too. I guess that means I will have to buy them drinks all night huh.gifohmy.gif

Posted · Report post

You still have time to submit any baskets for the raffles or door prizes. Beth Gentry is co-coordinating that effort, so please contact her, or feel free to contact me too.

Posted · Report post

Save me one of those Hank Cranker shirts in a 3X!

Posted · Report post

will a 2X do the job?

Can you say banana peel ... water melon ? you get the picture wink.gif

Is there a band line up?

Posted · Report post

XL will work

Posted · Report post

XL will work

get me on that diet

Posted · Report post

XL will work

Whew ! That's a relief.

I thought we were gonna have to go to Omar The Tentmaker for that one.

Posted · Report post

Is there a band line up?

Curt Moore

Northland Noise

Out on Bond

Gil's Variety

BandKamp

Posted · Report post

I will take advantage of the Junedale pre-sale and place an order for shirts please:

I need:

One 2XL (hey, they shrink!)

Two XL

One medium

Many Thanks!

This is really turning out to be a great event. Beth has done a nice job with the organizing end of things. The donations continue to roll in, recent additions include a sweet set of Pioneer cornhold boards and a Lobster Tails, Crab Legs & Shrimp Dinner for 10.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night!

PS: I hope the Legion is ready for the huge turnout!