Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

La Salle tragedy

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is very sad for the parents of this child. I hope that alll of the teachers, administrators, guidance counselors, friends of this boy, and friends of these parents take special note to this case.

I can only assume what the reasoning might have been for this student to have brought a gun into school.

There was a day in school when I knew of a student whom had brought a gun into school. He was bullied a lot and from what he told me, he had just had it and had had enough. He told me that had the kid who was bullying him bullied him that day he was prepared to take matters into his own hands. I don't know if he would have used the weapon, but it was a wake-up call to me.

Students in schools need to feel as if they are playing an active role in their education. During my years in high school my guidance counselors were never available or at least they were never present and we never felt they were a resource for venting.

I hope that everyone involved with this child first takes a step back to look at themselves before judging this child's own actions.