Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2014 Christmas party

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The annual Christmas Party will be held 12/6 this year at the American Legion Hall post #530.

This year we have a special mission to accomplish. We are trying to raise some money to help a local family get out from under some of the massive debt associated with their 7-year-old daughter's serious medical condition. This J-section family is from California and moved to this area to be closer to Children's Hospital. Their neighbors are the only family they have here.

(we are trying to respect the family's right to privacy. It was a challenge just to get them to allow us to help)

At this time, 4 bands have volunteered their talents to make this event successful.

Northland Noize, Band Kamp, and newcomers The Exploding Toads will all be playing that night. Gil's will be without their lead singer, but will have something ready with a little help from some friends. Maybe a new, exciting band name is in order here!

The legion will be serving food and refreshments. There will be a $10 admission charge w/ 100% of the money going to the family we are serving.

There will be a lot of raffle items as well as split the pots and anything else we think up between now and then.

Please come on out and celebrate the Holidays and show a little Greenhills love to one of our neighbors.

feel free to post any ideas for a new band name for this one-time event....(Phro....)

Posted · Report post

Phil Dirt & The Dozers ..

Posted · Report post

Art Gumm & the rubber band

Is the cover charge for adults or everyone – we have five nieces and nephews (ages 18-1) that will be with us that night, plus our own kids. (Christmas Sleepover!) If it is $10 each – I'll need to budget accordingly.

Posted · Report post

we will take care of the kiddies, it's Christmas!!!!!

Posted · Report post

we will have :

Northland Noize

bandkamp

Exploding toads

gil's w/ special guest Jim Miller

Natalie Payne

This is a picture of little Natalie, the beneficiary of this event.

They have no family in town, so we are it. Let's show them some Greenhills love on Saturday.

Posted · Report post

Santa,

What time will the festivities begin?

Posted · Report post

about 7:30

Posted · Report post

Christine,

Are you receiving donations as you did last year for Greenhills families.  If it is so, is it still $25.00 each?  Will it be ok for me to stop by and give you a check?

The Mad Botanist

Posted · Report post

I believe this was GCSO's event.  I have not heard anything relative to this for 2015.  Anyone have input on this???

Posted · Report post

Thanks WWW.  I have not heard about it as of yet and I do not know who to contact.  Please advise!

The Mad Botanist

Posted · Report post

I messaged Jeff and he said the GCSO is doing the Christmas event but are just getting a late start.  We should hear from him soon.