Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Swad

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Link to the restaurant: http://swadtasty.com/

So, I went to this restaurant last night with a friend of mine.

We parked on the street just in front of the place and entered.

The place was completely redone from the previous tenant.

The Hostess told us we had about a 10 minute wait as the place was near capacity. My friend and I stood at the bar and we ordered some drinks. About 10 minutes later we were sat in the back part of the main restaurant.

The server was extremely helpful. As expected in most Indian cuisine menus, the menu was full of dishes.

We ordered two dishes; one lamb dish and the other a goat dish. I had never had goat meat before, so I was little interested in what that would taste like. Not scared. Just interested.

We also ordered two appetizers. They were awesome! With the main dishes we ordered several types of naan, one being one with coconut and raisins. That was great.

Overall, the service was an A+. The food was even better.

I must say that this restaurant blew the Taj Mahal, which is located on Winton Rd. in Finneytown, away. Sorry, Taj Mahal your service and atmosphere doesn't even come close.

I've found a new home for Indian food. As far as I'm concerned Swad is the place in Cincinnati.

Posted · Report post

My wife and tried the Swad this week and the food was great. I had the Chicken Curry with rice and Saag which was delicious. We always remind the waitress that we do not like "hot" Curry and they always serve us very mild Curry.

Cicero