RIP St. James

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This Thursday marks the end of a long standing tradition of quality catholic education at St. James of the Valley. Mass is at 12:00 - Im hoping to be in attendance.

Posted · Report post

So sad that this great school is closing

Posted · Report post

It is truly sad to see a school or church cease to be. It is an unfortunate sign of our times.

Cicero

Posted · Report post

It's not the signs of the times...once again it's complete mismanagement of the situation. It's amazing how these schools lived through the depression and opened during the depression...yet this generation can't figure it out. It's not that hard! You give stupid, close minded people power...you get stupid, close minded results...it's pretty simple. However, in this case it was an intended result of the Archdiocese.

Posted · Report post

You give stupid, close minded people power...you get stupid, close minded results...it's pretty simple. However, in this case it was an intended result of the Archdiocese.

For those who didn't attend the original meetings, even as early as when they were closing OLR, It's their plan.

Posted · Report post

Uhmm Christine you seem to be a close minded individual.  What has happened over time to Catholic Schools is the result of 2 primary reasons.  Reason one is that the supply and demand were out of sync (children vs institutions).  What I mean by that is as the birth rate fell and as the size of an average Catholic family dwindled, the number of schools required to educate the children decreased.  Whenever supply is greater than the equilibrium, supply must decrease.  Basic economics. 

Reason number 2 that the number of Catholic schools are decreasing is that lay people versus members of the church have taken over the administration and teaching of the students.  Again, another supply and demand issue.  As the number of nuns and priests decrease, a vacuum is created for lay people to fill.  They do not reduce the quality of the education, but they do increase the cost of it.  A nun would have their housing and necessities provided for by the Church while a lay person will require a greater salary in order to accommodate for those needs. 

In the future, I would rely on more logic and less emotion in your arguments and it will enable you to get better results. 

Posted · Report post

Uhmm Christine you seem to be a close minded individual. 

Dude, it took you a year to come up with that?

Posted · Report post

Make the janitor the Business Director and you get what you get.

I've gotten better deals at McD's with Monopoly money from the ladies wearing prosthetic limbs than the deal St. James got. Seriously!

I am, though, getting tired of seeing Mama at McD's wearing that tankini and mismatched flip-flops! Put yourself together woman!

Posted · Report post

Soccer boy, I hadn't posted on this silly thing in years.  It  became kind of redundant.  It was like watching any of those political commentary shows on each night.  How people watch those things, I will never understand. 

Twinkie, as more and more Catholic schools get shuttered, the country continues into a downward spiral. 

The world has become predictable.  I am not endorsing this notion, just predicting. Hillary Clinton will be elected in November defying all good judgment.  America will get served another turd sandwich.  We are past the point of no return.  America is in decline.  Leaving is becoming a serious option. 

Making the janitor the President and you get what you get.  Tankinis are out burkinis will be the in thing.