Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shopping center sold

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Huttenbauer has finally sold the Shopping Center to an investor from Florida!!!

Posted · Report post

Is it just a coincidence that the date is April 1st?

Posted · Report post

This is true and no joke.

Posted · Report post

OK

Then how about some details, name of the buyer, etc.

Posted · Report post

“Upon full development, we will have a very nice mix of malls, offices, residential and hotel uses that will capitalize on the location of the Greenhills Shopping Center,” Mr. Ysmael said.  Part of the Greenhills redevelopment is to put an underground parking space that will eventually interconnect all of the buildings in the mixed-use community...

http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Corporate&title=ortigas-&-co.-tweaking-masterplan-for-major-projects-says-new-ceo&id=125024 

Posted · Report post

The property firm may launch another residential development, following the 53-storey Viridian luxury residential condominium as part of the ongoing redevelopment of the Greenhills Shopping Center in San Juan.

“Upon full development, we will have a very nice mix of malls, offices, residential and hotel uses that will capitalize on the location of the Greenhills Shopping Center,” Mr. Ysmael said.

Part of the Greenhills redevelopment is to put an underground parking space that will eventually interconnect all of the buildings in the mixed-use community -- similar to what Ayala Land has done at the Ayala Center in Makati.

SOMETHING DON'T SMELL RIGHT ...  

Posted · Report post

April 02, 2016 | MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Pretty sure that is a different Greenhills.  :D

Posted · Report post

Wrong place Loonie.....Good Lord, you'll send the Historics into hysterics.

Greenhills Shopping Center in San Juan as in Philippines...... 53 story building? :lol:

Posted (edited) · Report post

The new owner is based in Florida, but the old manager remains on site. This may not be good news since there will be a truly absentee landlord and the same old manager.

I would not put too much hope in any positive changes being made in the Shopping Center, I hope I am wrong on this, but I am skeptical.

There is no reason for the new owner to make any  major changes. The Village has a history of having weak Village Managers who shy away from any confrontation even when it is necessary. The Village Council also has been complacent and the Chair of Community Development Committee has  been missing in action.

I do not think we are paying the current Village Manager between $90,000 and $100,000 a year just to watch the Shopping Center fall apart.

We have a new Prosecutor who has over 20 years experience in both the civil and criminal divisions of the Hamilton County Prosecutors Office who could quickly write a search warrant to authorize entry to inspect for health and fire hazards in the Shopping Center, but I bet this is an asset that the Village Manager will not use.

I hope I am wrong, but I am afraid we will have more of the "Same Ole, Same Ole."

Cicero

Edited by Cicero
grammer

Posted · Report post

From the Hamilton County Auditor website: Property sales

20 ESWIN ST HUTTENBAUER SAMUEL JR & KAREN R HIRSHBERG TR to VILLAGE GATE LLC $1,150,000 

44 ESWIN ST HUTTENBAUER SAMUEL JR & KAREN R HIRSHBERG TR to VILLAGE GATE LLC $1,150,000

Dusty Rhodes, Hamilton County Auditor
Online Property Access
Search Results
Show 102550100 entries
Parcel NumberNameAddressSale DateSale Price
597-0030-0089-00VILLAGE GATE LLC20 ESWIN ST03-31-2016$1,150,000
597-0030-0195-00VILLAGE GATE LLC44 ESWIN ST03-31-2016$1,150,000
597-0030-0080-0050 ESWIN LLC50 ESWIN ST11-23-2015$450,000
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 entries
Search performed on 4/9/2016 11:46:33 PM with search terms: House # >= 1 AND House # <= 50 AND Street name begins with eswin

Posted · Report post

So what's the connection to Greenhills for "Village Gate" and who is the current manager?

Posted · Report post

Google "Steve" Schlomo Rasabi of Boca Raton Florida....very interesting...made my reporter's ears twitch.....:unsure:

Posted · Report post

That is good news - the GH shopping center certainly needs to be livened up! :lol::wacko:

Posted · Report post

That is good news - the GH shopping center certainly needs to be livened up! :lol::wacko:

Looking at the photos of his mansion, he's definitely more successful than the previous owner. :lol:

Posted · Report post

I know, right?

Posted · Report post

So were all the back taxes paid up? If so then the village is rich

Posted · Report post

Pick up a copy of the new GH Journal - good front page article on this.  Chris Knight interviews Steve Rasabi.  Sounds promising...

Posted · Report post

I wonder what hoops the village made them go through just to get the now leasing sign up on Winton?

Posted · Report post

I wonder what hoops the village made them go through just to get the now leasing sign up on Winton?

None....

1149.12 SIGN PERMITS.

Sign permits shall be regulated as follows:
   (a)   No sign shall be erected, enlarged, expanded, altered, (including face changes), relocated, reconstructed or placed unless a permit has been issued by the Building/Zoning Official, except that no permit shall be necessary for the following signs as identified in this Chapter:
      (1)   Real Estate Signs.
      (2)   Contractors Signs.
      (3)   Political Signs.
      (4)   Signs erected by the Village.
   (b)   A fee to be determined by Council shall be charged for each sign permit.
      (Ord. 2013-04-CD.  Passed 4-2-13.)

Real estate signs are permissible on private property; however, this particular one required a limited right of entry from the Village because it is on public land.  

Yea it fits right in with the neighborhood.

Edited by nuttly
none

Posted · Report post

They can afford the fine so they'll get a notice. ;)

Posted · Report post

Congrats to the new owner the place looks worse than it ever has.

Oh Well

Edited by nuttly