Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

High Raises for Teachers and Admiistrators at WW

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Our illustrious School Board has done it again. They just granted and 8% pay raise to teachers and administrators over the next two years. This on top of the 7% PAY RAISE THEY GAVE THE PREVIOUS TWO YEARS. THIS A 15% RAISE OVER  4 YEARS.

What have the teachers and administrators done to earn this raise ?  Their accomplishments are many:

They have worked hard to make sure that the System has utterly failed in each State Test given to students this last four years, They have managed to have the school district designated as " Challenged" by the State Board of Education, one of only 39 so designated in the State of Ohio. The Police records of Forest Park show that numerous responses were made to the High School because of serious issues including fights. Discipline is out of control at both the High School and Middle School.

For these accomplishments  the Board saw fit to give every one a raise. This is mismanagement at the highest level. Instead of raises the Board should have cleaned house with the administration. Some administrators at the High School and Middle School should have been replaced.

A teacher with 30 hours above a masters  degree and 27 years seniority will be getting over $90,000.00 by 2017. This, for less than 9 months work when one considers paid Holidays and personal days. Obviously teachers with less seniority or less hours will get less, but the raises are ridiculous for a failing school system. WHO SAID TEACHERS ARE UNDERPAID ?

The word seems to be out that the Board will approve placing a new operating levy on the Ballot and a new Bond issue for buildings.   In short they expect the taxpayers to pay for all of this nonsense.

I am getting the impression that most, if not all, Board Members must be Flaming Liberals and thus genetically programed to waste taxpayers money.

Cicero

Edited by Cicero
add name

Posted · Report post

WHEREAS, at the present time, it is estimated that total project costs for the School District's participation in the Program will be $99,746,853 and it will be necessary for this Board of Education to issue approximately $61,500,000 of bonds (the “Bonds”), which is an amount not less than the School District's estimated portion of Basic Project Costs ($50,870,895), and the cost of other improvements to school facilities (known as locally funded initiatives), including 
(without limitation) equipment, furnishings and site improvements ($10,629,105); and

WHEREAS, this Board of Education proposes to submit to the electors of this School District at the election to be held on the 8th day of November, 2016, the question of issuing the Bonds of this Board of Education in the principal amount of $61,500,000 for the purpose of .......

Resolution

Five Year Forecast

Posted (edited) · Report post

Presidential Election.. lots of pro-bond issue (I'm guessing Democrats) will be out in force to come close to the SOTL brick wall of NO voters.  Won't cost the district money.  No brainer.  If I were on the board, I'd vote to put it on as well.  I am guessing that they have the votes... Three of the five board members spearheaded the effort in May of 2015.

However, an operational levy was also on the ballot back in 2008 (Obama)... and the operational levy actually FAILED largely because (and this is no lie) of under votes from FP (about 6% of FP didn't vote either way on the issue despite having voted for other offices.).   Thinking that the "casual" voter is going to approve a bond issue isn't a slam dunk proposition.   Last time, it looks like people just voted for president and turned in their scan tron. 

Unless Bishop Bobby Hilton or someone like him is spearheading the efforts to get this levy passed, I am having difficulty figuring out who is going to step up since 85% of those that work on these efforts are district staff... mainly administration.  Mrs. Miranda is running for another office, and board members really shouldn't be taking the lead in these campaigns.. (They do.. but someone else needs to be the formal figurehead.)  I know better than most about WW levy campaigns.  You need a lot of cheerleaders for this that aren't district staff.

The WWTA provided a lot of key support and volunteers last go around but most of the big supporters of the last two campaigns have since left the district.   I am not sure the current WWTA leadership is going to provide a lot of foot soldiers or cut a large check this go around  (WWTA gave CEPSI two $1,000 donations in 2014-2015.. in addition to about 1/2 of the staff donating about $25 a person on top of that.).  

Team R  is going to play a critical role here.  In previous campaigns, they were very quiet to even mildly opposed to money requests from the district.  I know that they weren't walking side by side with CEPSI.  If they don't endorse this effort in the way that Paula and Jessica Miranda have... I think that (even in a presidential election year).. it will doom the effort.  We will see.

Perhaps the teaching staff will rise up to fill the gap... but I wouldn't bank on that.   Parents have got to get involved.. but.. with regret.. I wouldn't bank on that either.

Again, no dog in the fight.. but that's my analysis.

Edited by equalizer