Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Impostor Craft Beer

Craft beer   0 votes

1. 1. What's your response to imposter craft beer?

• Don't care 'bout that - if the beer is good I will drink it.
    • I boycott all breweries that are not small businesses owned by local creative brewers.
    • Not sure, need more "research", but probably prefer small breweries.
    • Skleergghhh .... Ghhhaaa... Too drunk to click...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How much of a controversy is this 'round these here parts?

Is It Last Call for Craft Beer?
...We have seen a dramatic consolidation in our industry in recent years. It started in 2008 when the Department of Justice approved the creation of a duopoly in the beer industry by greenlighting a joint venture between Molson Coors and SABMiller (creating MillerCoors) and, five months later, the merger of Anheuser Busch and InBev.  

Overnight, about 90 percent of domestic beer production was in the hands of two brewing giants. (The consolidation continued in 2016, when regulators approved the merger of SABMiller and AB InBev; SABMiller sold back its stake in MillerCoors, creating a new duopoly between Molson Coors and AB InBev.)  The immediate result was a 6 percent increase in beer prices and the end of a decades-long decline in real beer prices.

...Get some craft brewers together, and they’ll tell you that if we continue down this path, we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the American craft beer revolution.

Jim Koch 4/7/17
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/opinion/is-it-last-call-for-craft-beer.html 

Here's a list of "craft" beers owned by huge corporations The Cut Off — List Of Impostor Craft Beer Brands.

Posted · Report post

Here is the problem with Craft Beer.  They want to charge you double digit prices for single digit beers.  If you were price competitive with garbage beers like Bud and Miller, beer drinkers would choose your hoity toity foo foo beers, But if I have to pay have to pay bar prices to drink in my own home, forget you.  $16 for a 12 pack?  Really.  If you were willing to cut down your prices, you would gain a bigger market share.   The Craft brewers need to think like the Japanese TV makers and radio manufacturers in the 80's.

Just sayin.