Harvest Fest This Sarurday

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

x

6fb4edaa-a3fb-4006-acb7-a40ea269ecdc.jpg

It’s time for Harvest Fest!  Saturday, October 7th will be filled with family-friendly activities, vendors, music, food and fun. 

Pooch Parade/costume contest & SPCA adoptions

It all gets started at 10 a.m. with SPCA pet adoptions and a Pooch Parade! Judges will award paw-some prizes to some Pooch Parade participants!  Registration is only $5 per pooch, with a portion of the proceeds going towards the Greenhills Fire Department’s Canine program.  The SPCA pet adoptions will run from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., in front of the Greenhills Swimming Pool. There will also be a number of pet-related booths as well as canine demonstrations at Harvest Fest. 

Vendor Booths

Vendor booths will open at 11 a.m.  There’s a great selection of booths this year, including arts & crafts, home goods, clothing and sweet treats. Be sure to stop by them all.

Pie Baking Contest

Also, the pie baking contest is returning this year!  All amateur bakers are encouraged to enter their best homemade pie.  Bring your pies to the festival beginning at 1 p.m. for entry.  Judges will begin sampling pies at 2 p.m., with awards to follow.  There is a $2 entry fee for each pie.

More fun, food and music

Hayrides, laser tag and pumpkin painting will be available from 1 to 6 p.m.  A $5 activity wristband will be available for all of these fun activities.  Be sure not to miss the American Legion Beer Garden, opening at 4 p.m. Balderdash will headline the evening, beginning at 5 p.m.  Harvest Fest wraps up at 9 p.m., so there’s plenty of time to play games, enjoy some food and drink and shop our wide variety of vendor booths.

Bring the family to enjoy a fun fall day at the Harvest Fest!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was fortunate to have been able to attend this year's event. Just some feedback for future Harvest Fests.

1) For the Fire Department's fundraising efforts I dressed up like a fire hydrant. I then took my place as a parade volunteer to keep the pooches and people on the path for the parade. I was used as a potty throughout the entire parade. I didn't win, and a little girl named, Sally F., called me smelly and it hurt my feelings.

2) I was harassed by a straw-man that was placed at a booth. The damn thing wouldn't stop staring at me.

3) The apple pie I tasted was pretty good. But, it looked like it had been torn to pieces from the middle out.

4) Tommy J. and little Billy H. beat me badly in laser tag. It was very disappointing that they didn't even pull the trigger. Rather, they allowed their Rottweiler to attack me viciously and once on the ground they pummeled me with their guns. Try pulling the trigger a couple of times first at least.

Overall, it was a good time.

Edited by Blight Reporter