Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Snow Blower Guy Recognition

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It seems every neighborhood has one or at least one.  You know the person nearby who owns a serious snow blower and, when the "white death" warnings actually produce a worthy snowfall, will extend (even preclude) efforts on their own driveway and clear sidewalks for others. Bundled up to the cold, if not to hide their identity, they move without comment up one side and down the other of your street.  Mrs. WWW has even had me deliver fresh baked pies as a thank you to our "Snow Guy" after following his trail home.

They seem to shun recognition, but only do their duties because they see it has 1) fun, 2) altruistic, or 3) figured out that Return On Investment on this big piece of machinery is greatly enhanced by actually using it more than their own one car driveway.

Our guy is Dave Stenger, who has taken on this task for years.  I know he prefers the warm weather when he can read a good book on his front porch, keeping 1/2 an eye on the ebb and flow of traffic and a neighbor to say hello.   But he takes pride in his "fun" and it does not go unappreciated.  Thank you Dave !!

Who's your Snow Blower Guy?

Posted · Report post

This is great! We don't seem to have a snow blower guy on our street, as evidenced by my snowed-in sidewalks. Guess that means I need to convince the wife that we need a snowblower so I can be our SBG!

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure that's what Dave did, the ol' "civic duty" tactic. God, Country, Family, and cleaned off sdiewalks  (apple pie and Chevrolet come in at some point)

Posted · Report post

Lol, I actually had someone ask me to stop snow blowing their sidewalk and drive!!! They said it made them feel like a putz. Lol not to mention names.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like their name is "Putts".   Carry one "TD" !!!!  Let it snow !