Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dazed & Confused No More

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Junedale.com has had its' and ups and downs.  I think it is fair to say that Junedale.com has lost much of its' former place in the local online world to FaceXXXX and InstaXXXX and To-Wit since Junedale's inception back in 2004.  But over the years there have been some local characters who have joined us, but unfortunately passed before they should have, The Cmdr., GrandmaCJ, and Cicero come immediately to mind.  They are missed, yet they left some of their important thoughts behind here among the 14 years of posts.

In the past few days we were saddened to learn of the passing of one of the more prolific and colorful posters ever to grace http://junedale.com , Dazed & Confused who can now officially be unmasked as Jeff Hansee.  How many posts did he post?  Well, technically that is a really difficult answer to obtain, as you see "Dazed & Confused" was not his only handle and back in the day (truth be known) he shared a few personalities with some of his buds so.....he could have, but it might have actually been someone else.  Frankly, it could have been the Russians for all we know.

In retrospect, Dazed and WWWarrior didn't always see eye to eye on some issues.  We may have let things get a little tense at times, but there was always a respect for what each other was at least trying to say or do.  I was always impressed and grateful for Jeff's efforts help others out, be a good friend, neighbor, citizen. His part in the Greenhills Community Service Organization, various fundraising concerts, Santa Claus, Pioneer Open and other beneficial events are not and should not be forgotten. I greatly feel there is owed much respect and gratitude, a job well done and a life well lived.  Jeff put up a honorable fight to disease that may have robbed us of his presence, but not of the results of his efforts.

Making music became a particular passion of Jeff's in recent years and a Greenhills shout-out to local history was achieved in the naming of the group he played in, "Gil's Variety Store". While he lived down the road a ways, he "lived" in Greenhills and that was a fact.  Perhaps you have a memory or story of Jeff.  Some may be safe to tell now.  I'll let you be the judge of that.

858074a8100efd08945856fd009029d6.jpg     20150926_225136_copy.jpg?1477784102

Posted · Report post

WWW...... I would not have been able to say it any better myself. The Mayfests he organized were indescribable. As most of you know, I spent many years coaching our Knothole kids.What many do not know is he was always part of anything he could do.  The re-opening of Palma Park....no one asked him.  He asked us. So many people behind the scenes.  Jeff was always one of them.  He wanted no Glory or Fame.  nothing......for anything.  Personally wise we laughed-alot... but we butted heads too...but then smiled again later.

Terri--- He always gave you the credit for allowing him to do what he did. In any aspect of life. we didn't see each other in the last couple years, but we always knew we were a phone call away. when we did, his bear hugs cracked my bony back.....i know he's laughing because he did it on purpose.  I am proud and honored to be called his friend.  Fair winds and following seas Dazed.........

Tom Carroll

Posted · Report post

There are no words to describe the sorrow that has been permeated my house since Jeff's passing. We keep laughing through the tears over stories of Jeff and his pranks against my husband and the constant retaliation. I worked with Jeff for many years on the GCSO. He was like a brother to Wolfgang and me. He was like an uncle to my daughters. (He always threatened to steal my youngest.) Telling my youngest daughter of his passing was one of the hardest things I had to do. Jeff was her buddy. He will be so missed in our lives. Words cannot express my sadness nor my gratitude for having known him. He hard a loud bark but was a big old teddy bear at heart. I will miss him terribly.

Posted (edited) · Report post

We're all gonna miss that old boy. Won't be the same around the old hills of green without seeing that old red pickup or that stupid red guitar. The number of people who showed up for his celebration of life was a testament to a life well lived.

Long live the KING.

And Underdog.

Etc...

R I P Dazey.

Edited by D HUE

Posted · Report post

Almost everyday I see something in my house that reminds me of Jeff -- the crown molding in my rooms, the Hansee Mobile in my backyard, my unfinished baseboard around my air conditioning vent where he said "do it yourself"  :lol:, the guitar pics and looper, my crooked TV where he said "fix it yourself" :lol:.  He helped me with everything, or got someone to help me.  Jeff was just a great, amazing man.  I know Jeff, Barb, Mike, Roger and Grandma CJ are up to something -- up there.  How amazing was it to have all of them in our lives!!!!  I know he's in God's hands now, but it was pretty great when he was with us.  RIP Jeff -- you are missed!!!