Wedding Songs

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ok, in the music thread you all were trading songs and videos that meant something to you at one time or another so i started this one to bring to light happy moments (ok, for some of you!) to share with the rest of us. what song did you dance to with your spouse at your wedding? is it still "your song"? ours is "love changes everything" sung by michael ball. michael ball also played the role of marius in the pbs special of the 20th anniversary of les miserables. if i weren't married to...and in love with...my husband, i'd stalk this man until he came to sing lullabyes to me nightly. i love him. i hope you enjoy...

Posted · Report post

but...for those of you have a different sort of song and dance in mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqiw-Kqtlr0

this circulated some time back, but i thought it was cute and so i'd share it with those of you who haven't seen it.

Posted · Report post

My wedding song was Zeppelin's "Thank You," not much of a dance song, but meant so much and still does. On the other hand, most memorable prom song, "Precious and Few," gag me.

Posted · Report post

My wedding song was Zeppelin's "Thank You," not much of a dance song, but meant so much and still does. On the other hand, most memorable prom song, "Precious and Few," gag me.

our prom (or senior song, as we called it) was inxs's "never tear us apart"...great song, but i haven't seen anyone i graduated from high school with in at least ten years! the song just didn't hold up!

Posted · Report post

You guys should really ask P-83 about this topic. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say.

Posted · Report post

My wedding song was Zeppelin's "Thank You," not much of a dance song, but meant so much and still does.  On the other hand, most memorable prom song, "Precious and Few," gag me.

Class of '75?

My wife is an elvis fan. "I can't help falling in love with you"

Prom theme. "We're all alone" Boz Scaggs (courtesy lame records inc.)

Posted · Report post

You guys should really ask P-83 about this topic. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say.

He told me the Ukrainian accordion player really rocked at your wedding.

Posted · Report post

mine should have been "Comfortably Numb." hehehe

Posted · Report post

Which one??? wink.gif

Posted · Report post

The song we danced to at our wedding was, 'FOREVER DARLING'!! Don't remember who sang it but it was the theme song of a movie with Lucille Ball. Still love that song and have it on a 45 in my basement. Every time we sent each other a card, we signed it Forever Darling!!! Awwww!! biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

Oh my god. This thread made me laugh!!!! Thank you!

No official video made for our wedding song though - "True Companion" by Marc Cohn

IF I ever get married again, it will be:

laugh.gif

Posted · Report post

No official video made for our wedding song though - "True Companion" by Marc Cohn

Is there an official video for "Death March of the Sugar Plum Fairy", P-83?

Posted · Report post

It should be a clue things are heading for the worst when you switch from singing your wedding song to each other to this one, as my husband and I did (especially the last verse):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ns8t9iQck

"So now I'm praying for the end of time...so I can end my time with you.." laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Posted · Report post

It should be a clue things are heading for the worst when you switch from singing your wedding song to each other to this one, as my husband and I did (especially the last verse):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ns8t9iQck

"So now I'm praying for the end of time...so I can end my time with you.." laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

uh oh...zy and i have been known to belt this one out to each other. ohmy.gif

Posted · Report post

Our wedding song was "All I Want Is You" by U2. However, our bridal party danced to "Who Let The Dogs Out" (no joke). We had about had it with wedding stuff by the time we go to the last final decisions.....

Posted · Report post

ph34r.gif most embarrassing prom song of all time, but true none the less. Roger Bacon class of 85.....I guess the girls on the dance commitee thought they were being cute and clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEiXbovv98

Posted · Report post

Ours would have been "Can I have this dance for the rest of our life", but the girl who sang for the band was sick ans so we had to have this really ugly song about a million years and if it didnt work out then I could tell him (Mike) goodbye. It was a stupid song and I hated it. It was actually one of the songs that I did NOT want them to play. They didnt tell us they were switching it until we were on the dance floor ready to go. I was a bit upset. But that was just short of a million years ago ( ok more like 27) but it seems it!! LOL

Posted · Report post

ph34r.gif most embarrassing prom song of all time, but true none the less. Roger Bacon class of 85.....I guess the girls on the dance commitee thought they were being cute and clever.

You remember your prom theme song? I can't and I was only a few years behind in '88. That momnesia thing again...

Posted · Report post

My wedding song was Evergreen by Barbara Striesand. It was the theme song from the movie A Star was is Born. It was our first date. I cried so hard I refused to get out of my seat until everyone else was out of the theater. I still enjoy hearing it. Brings back so many wonderful memories.

Posted · Report post

Our wedding song was It's Your Love by Tim McGraw

Posted · Report post

Mr. Jen and I didn't have a wedding song but I think I would have chosen "It Had To Be You" as sung by Harry Connick Jr.

As far as prom songs go, no, I can't remember my '88 or '89 prom songs. I do remember, though, that our senior quote was from a song by RATT.

Posted · Report post

Our song:

Posted · Report post

Wedding Song : I Only Have Eyes for You

Prom Song: 2001 Space Oddity errr.. Odessey

Posted · Report post

See what happened when they let girls in.