Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Roger Bacon Pounds Winton Woods

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Roger Bacon pounded WW in basketball on Tuesday evening by a score of 53 - 38. It could have been worse, but the RB coach called off the dogs in the 4th quarter. Roger Bacon has a very young team, most players on the Varsity are sophs and juniors. Their leading scorer is a freshman. The future looks very bright for the Spartans. Their reserve team, which consists mostly of freshmen are undefeated. Could be another state championship come to town down in St. Bernard.

Posted · Report post

Is WW that bad or is RB that good?

Posted · Report post

They are that good! #1 in the city for div II. I was at the game and had a blast. Someone there was telling me there are four more freshmen on the res team that play aau ball with Adolphus Washington (their freshman leading scorer). As good as they are now, the future is where it's at.

Posted · Report post

They are that good! #1 in the city for div II. I was at the game and had a blast. Someone there was telling me there are four more freshmen on the res team that play aau ball with Adolphus Washington (their freshman leading scorer). As good as they are now, the future is where it's at.

Well I guess we need to start promoting the games, having tailgates, etc..

Posted · Report post

Sounds like fun. I'm there.

Posted · Report post

Only, Supa will have you cookin on his "Steel Curtain" grill. Would you eat from that?

Posted · Report post

I'll pack my own lunch! wink.gif

Posted · Report post

I'd rather have a dead rat in my mouth than eat from a "Steel Curtain" grille.

Posted · Report post

Is the rat cooked?

You could hold a certain Steelers fan's hand down on the grill to check if it's hot enough, couldn't ya?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, that would work. I was thinking of a different Steeler fan appendage to hold to the fire, but I'd have to use a fork. laugh.gif

Posted · Report post

Roger Bacon pounded WW in basketball on Tuesday evening by a score of 53 - 38.

that is not a pounding, the 38-0 butt whooping that your boys took on the football field was a pounding. 1 yard net rushing? (They also called off the dogs in the 4th quarter.)

Don't let a dime's worth of success give you a dollars worth of smug attitude.

Posted · Report post

cool.gif Roger Bacon has always been a strong basketball program. They are building towards another special season very soon. Good luck to them!

Posted · Report post

please don't misunderstand me. I have no problems with RBHS. I have a lot of friends who are active with their kids there and even some friends who coach down there.

However, I do take exception to Bigdog trying to fly this in the face of any WWHS supporters.

Posted · Report post

I agree Dazed. It was nowhere near the beatdown that the football game was. It actually stayed close until the 4th quarter.

Posted · Report post

Dazed and confused,

I do not think that Big Dog is out of line in the least. He is obviously a RB fan.

Go Roger Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Don't let a dime's worth of success give you a dollars worth of smug attitude.

Do you want to compare State Championships by schools? Do you want to compare National Merit Scholars by schools?

I did not think so!!! cool.gif

How is that for smug?

Posted · Report post

My schools better that your school, neh neh neh neh neh neh.... sad.gif

Posted · Report post

Dazed and confused,

I do not think that Big Dog is out of line in the least. He is obviously a RB fan.

Go Roger Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with being an RB fan. It's great school with a great tradition.

Is it just a coincidence that the only game he chose to post happened to be a victory over Winton Woods? Nahbabynah...he was looking for trouble. I just didn't want to disappoint him.

Now the WWHS players will have to hang their heads knowing they got beat by a bunch of guys who couldn't get into X or Moeller.

Do you want to compare State Championships by schools? Do you want to compare National Merit Scholars by schools?

since 1993?

Posted · Report post

Nothing wrong with being an RB fan. It's great school with a great tradition.

Is it just a coincidence that the only game he chose to post happened to be a victory over Winton Woods? Nahbabynah...he was looking for trouble. I just didn't want to disappoint him.

Now the WWHS players will have to hang their heads knowing they got beat by a bunch of guys who couldn't get into X or Moeller.

since 1993?

No, was not looking for trouble. Just trying to keep you informed of what is going on. As far as kids not getting in to Moe or X, you should see the kids they have from the WWSD that are scholars and refused to be part of a school district that is rated "effective". They were looking for excellence in education and chose a school that has been noted for its success rate of getting 95% of the graduating seniors in college. You would be suprised also at how many kids transfer from X and Moeller into Bacon. Sometimes smaller is better as most educators will tell you.

Just for your knowledge, did you know that Roger Bacon was one of only four Catholic High Schools in the state of Ohio to increase in enrollment this year? Could it be the fact that WWSD is only effective? Keep sending those kids down to Bacon. The grade schools do a wonderful job of educating them and then Bacon sends them on thier way to excellent success - not effective success.

What a great selection of schools people in Cincinnati have - Roger Bacon, Moeller, St.Xavier, CHCA, LaSalle, McAuley, Ursuline, Mercy, Seton, Elder, Mount Notre Dame - all who have been ranked highly and have produced "excellent" scholars. Doesn't that word excellent sound so much better than "effective"?

Posted · Report post

You're ruining it. You should probably stop.

Posted · Report post

Roger Bacon Roger Bacon

fifteen cents a pound

buy it at your butcher store

and feed it to the hound

Posted · Report post

Oy Vey DHue! Again with the dead rat in the mouth analogy! It's giving me disturbing mental images that will only be taken away by my unavoidable and somewhat regular episodes of "voices in my head" activity...

I just do what the voices tell me. They never do me wrong.

Posted · Report post

Roger Bacon Roger Bacon

fifteen cents a pound

buy it at your butcher store

and feed it to the hound

cool.gif We had a different version which my WWHS son taught his bandmates and "serenaded" the RB Marching Band in the Pioneer Days parade!

Roger Bacon, Roger Bacon

Dirty Gold and Brown

Roger Bacon, Roger Bacon

Fifty Cents a pound

The RB band director was not happy about that, but got our football parents back at the football game (who were being quite cocky that night) with a good one that went ...

That's Alright, That's OK

We're gonna be your boss one day

High School trash talk is such fun!

Posted · Report post

Beerbob, I had no idea you were Jewish. Shalom, my friend.

The dead rat comparison comes from my pool playing days - when I would leave my opponent "snookered", as they say, I would say "I'd rather have a dead rat in my mouth than that shot".

But it works in almost any context.

Posted · Report post

They are that good!  #1 in the city for div II. I was at the game and had a blast. Someone there was telling me there are four more freshmen on the res team that play aau ball with Adolphus Washington (their freshman leading scorer). As good as they are now, the future is where it's at.

Interesting brief about he RBHS Hoops team in this morning Enquirer.

The future is now for Roger Bacon boys

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...0301/901230425/